Monday, November 13, 2006

Why Blog?

Both my blogs (tortoise-tales and bellesbubbles) have just crossed my personal milestone at the 200th hit. 3 months ago, I was clueless as to what a blog is. After googling on the internet, I found out that a blog is actually the 'fancy word' for a personal journal (Doogie Howser's style) except that it is kept or posted on the internet. Bloggers can write about anything from the mood swings of model wanna-be to up to the world news, politics and commentary for the whole world to see.

Not wanting to miss the fun, I jumped onto the bandwagon. Having a blog will provide me with ample practices to write a book on my pet tortoises. Like any proud parents telling endless stories of their cute babies, pet owners do exactly the same. Thus, tortoise-tales was conceived. There, I write about my tortoises (mis)adventures which hopefully one day it would be published into a book.

On the side, I also have some frustrations which was bottled up, especially when you have been breathing in smog for 60 days continuously every time some jungle in the neighbouring country goes on fire and being caught in a massive traffic jam for at least an hour every time it rains cats and dogs when you are on the verge of peeing in your pants. I do not want to let my frustration and negative feelings kill the lovely thoughts that I have for my tortoises. Therefore, trishasbubble was conceived.

Eventually, bellesbubbles has managed to vent out progressively my negative thoughts and feelings. Soon, I began writing on a happier note, moving away from the stressed environment that we lived in. Writing can be as addictive as it can be therapeutic. It only takes a couple of posts before I started obsessing over how many hits I got. Therefore, for a blog of 1 month old, having 200 hits is a big thing to me.

Now, the euphoria of setting up a blog and writing has gradually sizzled out. I took a back seat and searched for some sort of enlightenment over the weekend.

At the moment, I don't feel enlightened yet. My train of thoughts is making a pit-stop at the moment, waiting for something to make my adrenalin rush again. I hope to discover new reasons to blog again.

Have you experienced the same feelings that I have in my blogging adventure above?

ps: I guess bellesbubbles is experiencing some kind of depression, huh? Hopefully, it is not contagious.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good to know that your blog has had so many hits. well, keep on writing as its a very good way to relieve stress and also keep yourself busy.