Thursday, November 18, 2010

Addiction!



Picture source: http://blogs.westword.com


Are you craving to eat something today? Do you crave for a puff of ciggie after meals? Do you crave for alcohol?

Cravings is a form of addiction. When one becomes abnormally dependent on something that is psychologically or physically habit forming, that's when trouble starts.

I'm a food addict. I love to eat. I always find myself daydreaming of what to eat 2 meals ahead. This is not a problem when one has high metabolism rate. One could eat as much, enjoying all the sinful indulgence & not put on a pound. Ah, such blessings!

Somehow, age has caugth up & the biological clock jump started. This blessing was lost ever since. I still feel hungry all the time & have an appetite that would make most chefs happy. I crave for certain food out of the blue (must eat or I keep seeing food floating in front of my eyes) just like a pregnant woman when I'm not!

Slowly the needle on the weighing machine swayed further to the right giving me fright every time I weigh myself. My health started to give way as the extra pounds added on. I pant easily while walking, felt heavy when I run & of course the worst part is I can't fit into all my favourite clothes!

When one has been enjoying all these delicious, mouth watering food & hasn't actually built up any self-defence mechanism against temptation to eat, it's any uphill battle against the addiction for food. It's really difficult to lose weight & get back into shape by not eating when I want to, what I want to eat & how much I would like to eat. In short, I'm addicted to delicious food which also include junk food, snacks, desserts & what not. I went slowly from M to L size in 3 years, a total of 7 kg!!!

Writing this down, I hope to gather enough strength to keep my addiction for food in control so that I could try to lose the unwanted pounds (for health reason) & tone up my physic but still get to enjoy food that I like, albeit a smaller portion. To remind myself, how nice it felt to walk uphill without panting, to be able to run with light feathered agility & of course to fit into my favourite clothes again.

You are welcome to share with me your experience on your addiction & how you kept the it under control, especially food! It will be a good source of inspiration in my attempt to break the magic spell as a food addict & regain back my good health.

6 comments:

Ken Wooi said...

i wanna eat alot.. but always control my weight :)

Nadia MDG said...

sometimes, food craving is caused by not having anything to do.. ;)

Unknown said...

@ken: But how do you control your weight while eating a lot? That's my problem now. I have to be careful so that my weight will not continue to go up.

@Nadia MDG: hehe! Mmm...in my case, I find that when I use my brain too much for a long period of time(especially when working hard), my food craving kicks in. I need to munch to fuel my train of thoughts.

Anonymous said...

This was a nice article to read, thank you for sharing it..

Anonymous said...

I just added your web page to my favorites. I like reading your posts. Thanks!.

Unknown said...

@Anonymous: Glad you like it. =)

@Anonymous: My pleasure!